There was so much response to the Christmas Cards & Cookies Blog Hop that it had to be split between two weekends. This is Round one and It is December 3-4. Round two will be held next weekend. We have a talented group of woman who love paper crafting and baking. Each of them is sharing a recipe for a yummy Christmas treat along with a Christmas card or tag. Hopefully, you'll pick up some great ideas for your own Christmas gift giving this season. So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and enjoy!
My Recipe for today is for My Grammie's Peanut Butter Fudge. I am the third generation to make this. My Grammie taught my Dad, and My dad taught me.
For my Tag I used the Platin School book cartridge to cut the tag. I embossed the Tis the Season stamp with Clear embossing powder and Inked it using Peeled Paint and Barn Door Distress ink. I cut the sentiment shapes using nestibilities and I inked it with Antique Linen and Wild honey Distress ink and then stamped the Be merry and bright in Forest Green Stayz On ink. I made the Poinsettia using the Joy's of the season Cricut Cartridge.
Sorry the lighting isn't very good in these pictures.
Peanut Butter Fudge
5 Cup Sugar
4 Tablespoons butter
1 Can evaporated Milk
1 Cup Smooth Peanut butter
1 Jar Marshmallow Fluff
Prepare a 9x12 cake pan by greasing with butter or line with parchment paper and butter the paper. In a large pan add the sugar, butter, and condensed milk. Stir together over High heat. When the mixture begins to boil, insert a candy thermometer. Boil to soft ball stage or 240 degrees Fahrenheit. Shut the burner off and add Peanut Butter and Marshmallow fluff. Mix until you no longer see the marshmallow fluff. Pour into prepared pan and let cool.
I have a few tips to go with this recipe, wash your pan and all utensils as soon as you've poured the candy mixture into the cake pan.
Second, if you set a glass of hot water beside the stove when you're done with the candy thermometer put it into the hot water and the candy won't harden on it while you're mixing the rest of the candy together.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please be sure to visit Zenita's blog next to see what she has to share and make sure you come back tomorrow to see how my gift my Fudge!!
Below is the complete blog hop lineup:
1) Dena : http://missdjones.blogspot.com/
2) Robin : http://scrapandchat.blogspot.com/
3) Janet N: http://createatdreamscrapbooks.blogspot.com/
4) Carla: http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/
5) Zenita: http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com
6) Jennifer: http://www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com/
7) Kari: http://purplefuntasticcreations.blogspot.com/
8) Susan: http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
9) JulieK: http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/
10) Ellen ♥ CardMonkey: http://www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
11) Kerri: http://crafttimeandcupcakes.blogspot.com/
12) Janet S: http://www.ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
13) Carol: http://huffandpuffscrap.blogspot.com/
14) Christina http://cema1cema.blogspot.com/
15) Staci McD http://preciousmem.blogspot.com/
16) Pam http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/
17) Maria http://marlm-creativebydesign.blogspot.com/
18) Nicolette- www.beyondscrapin.blogspot.com