Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Christmas Card Holder


I decided to make a Christmas Card holder to display all the Cards my Mom receives, she's done this for as long as I can remember and since we moved to our new home we've tried a ton of different ways, but none worked well so I figured I'd give it a try.


Cut a piece of card board at 12 x 24"

I covered it with wrapping paper flipped over to see the white side of the paper.



Pick out 2 pieces of 12 x 12" patterned paper.

I chose to cut mine down to 11 3/4 x 11 3/4" to leave a small white boarder around the edges.


I used a mix of Thermoweb Craft Adhesive and Glossy accents to put this paper down.



Pick some Ribbon that goes with your paper and make a hanger. I adhered this with some hot glue, after I put it down I punched a circle and glued that down just to make sure it was secure, repeat on the other side.




Pick a second set of patterned paper and cut to 11 3/4 x on 1 side. I just scored the paper in half, but I think it would work better if you made a 1/4 space at the bottom of the pocket. I glued these on with hot glue just like I used to close the sides. 


I picked a third pattern to line the pockets and just used some hot glue to glue that down too.


I picked out some elements from the paper collection and cut the designs out and hot glued them to the front of both pockets to dress it up a little. 



Thanks for stopping by, please come back again soon~ Carla 

0 comments:

Post a Comment