Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Candy Bouquet for Marco Andretti

Next week I will be going to the Indy 500. I'm going with a group called the Marcoteers. We will be meeting Marco and giving him his birthday presents. I made a Candy Bouquet and a card (I'll share later) for him. 




This is my finished project.




I bought 4 boxes of candy at walmart for $.98. Make sure that you get boxes that are the same or close to the same size.


Adhere them together, I used Red Sticky Tape. I put a line or two of tape on the edges and fit them together to make a box shape.






I measured the bottom of the boxes and cut several layers of card stock and adhered them together then I used the Red Sticky Tape to adhere it to the bottom of the boxes.




You will need some kind of craft foam from the flower section, I used a round one because that's what I could get. Hot Glue it into the bottom of the box you made with the candy boxes.




I took skewers and put some red sticky tape on the flap of the back of the candy wrapper and folded it over the skewers to secure it, then push it into the foam.




I used some candy that didn't have a flap on the back so I hot glued the skewers on since the candy is wrapped it won't hurt anything.


Cut the skewers at different lengths and arrange the candy in the craft foam.


I wrapped cellophane and secured it with some string then covered the tie with some black ribbon. I think it turned out awesome I hope he likes it!!!!




Thanks for stopping by make sure you come back again tomorrow to see my angry birds card~ Carla

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I love the fact that you made the holder out of the candy boxes.

    Carol (Carol's Creations)
    http://4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete