Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

All Racing Blog Hop


Welcome to the All Racing Blog Hop! Today we are celebrating the start of the 2013 Nascar Season. I love racing in any form and I found some wonderful crafty ladies who share that love with me. We have all created a project having something to do with any form of racing.





Our wonderful sponsor for this hop is, Nikki over at http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/



She has graciously offered a $25.00 gift certificate to her store. To be eligible to win this you must leave a comment on all the blog posts.

My project today I made a 
Canvass wall hanging of Kasey Kahne using pictures I got off Yahoo images.


I painted the canvass black and then covered it with checkered patterned paper


I wrapped red gross-gain ribbon around the sides using hot glue.



I matted the photos on red photo mats then adhered them to the canvass.

I off set the photos to give it some interest and to fit the pictures best.


I painted the back of 3 Glass accents or bobbles with red glitter nail polish.


I adhered the glass accents with Hot Glue and that finished off the canvass.


Thanks for racing by make sure you speed over to Ashley's Blog.







6 comments:

  1. Oooh this wall canvas is actually very cool..
    I'm sure it would look fantastic with KK signature on it too... :)
    Thanks for sharing and for allowing me to join in this wonderful hop...
    So excited to be apart of this with you and the other ladies..
    Toni.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this and am bookmarking it for my brother's next birthday. Can always use some inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute, Love Nascar also, My son Loves Jimmie Johnson this would be cute for his room. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess i'm a closet race fan...actually have a memory from when i was young cheering on the mustang. i love your canvas. Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great canvas, can't wait for Sunday!!

    lizabratt@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! Can't WAIT for the Daytona 500! Thanks for letting me be part of the hop!

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete